Hospice of Westchester would like to thank all our volunteers for their invaluable help.Volunteering with Hospice of Westchester means making a difference in the life of a patient and in the community. Hospice volunteers contribute in many ways; including visiting with patients, participating in our Flowers for Life Program, working in the office, and assisting with events.
Our director of volunteers is ready to meet with you to find the best fit for your talents, experience and motivations. This ensures our volunteers have the tools they need to support our patients and families and also work closely with our clinical team.
We provide 12 hours of required, hospice-focused training and necessary in-service training on health, confidentiality and ethics.
Clinical team members are ready resources of insight, guidance and support.
We find that 3 hours a week and a one-year commitment help insure a valuable, rich experience for our patients and volunteers alike.
If Hospice Of Westchester sounds like a good place for some of your time and talents, we would love to hear from you! Please call or email the
Director of Volunteers.
914-682-1484 ex. 185
“At Hospice, our focus shifted from trying to extend Mom’s life to trying to ensure that it was as comfortable and dignified as possible for as long as possible...”
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, our main priority is to keep everyone safe. All volunteers have the option of doing remote or in-person patient visits.
What You Can Do
- Patient Visits (in person, virtual and/or via telephone). Provide emotional support and companionship, assist with life review, poetry, or read to patients.
- Flowers For Life. Pick up, arrange and deliver flowers.
- Healing Through Art. Participate in art sessions, presently via Zoom, make handmade art cards, and other art work for Hospice patients.
- Community Events. Helping staff at memorial and other events.
- Bereavement. Taking part in ongoing support of family and friends who are grieving.
- Office Support. Assist with filing, mailing, and other business related jobs.
- Receptionist. Help in the office with answering and routing calls.
- Marketing. Computer and social media skills.